Archinect
anchor

a Non PC observation on Architecture ?

jon ammer

Most Beautiful young women are attracted to Guys with either Social Status , Looks and Money or a combination of all 3.

Given that Architecture only really starts to pay off when one reaches their mid 40’s to 50’s , and most men ( if they are honest ) would seek to hook up with the most attractive mate possible - does choosing a life in Architecture limit a man's options in that department?

Other men at the top of their game in the worlds of Business / Entrepreneurship , Finance, Sports , Performing Arts, Media tend to attract very attractive women as partners as a rule.

Show me a Prominent Male Architect with a Hot Young Wife ?

by the time you’ve made it in this career its too late to reap some of the ‘racier’ benefits that come with success in other fields. Would it be a refreshing change for our declining Image if a well regarded Architect was spotted cavorting with a Playboy model or 3 on a Yacht  - in real life and not the movies....?  

Discuss...

ps. apologies to all the hardworking and talented Female Architects here who are probably choking on their cappuchinos reading this - but this is a tongue in cheek observation one for the red blooded males here. 

Feb 7, 15 11:10 am
gruen
F-off
Feb 7, 15 11:27 am  · 
 · 
citizen

troll.

Feb 7, 15 11:27 am  · 
 · 
jon ammer

Wow....looks like I touched a nerve there . I guess we Architects are ‘above’ that sort of thing eh ? 

Feb 7, 15 11:36 am  · 
 · 

Architects may not be above this sort of thing, but men are, and you've just shown that you're not one.

Feb 7, 15 11:54 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

something tells me this guy has a small pecker.  

Feb 7, 15 12:09 pm  · 
 · 
JeromeS

What about Peter Cook, married to Christie Brinkley...

Feb 7, 15 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
JeromeS

"I always knew that after I became an ARCHITECT, I would dump whoever I was with and find someone better. That's the dream of becoming a ARCHITECT."

I say this to my wife all the time and we have a laugh.  

Feb 7, 15 12:55 pm  · 
 · 
jon ammer

Fineprint of Fantasies -

yes that link is more what I intended to convey - the all consuming dedication to Architecture that precludes many in the Profession from cutting loose a little. 

I guess a couple of lines in my post come across as juvenile - I will admit that.  Maybe I’ve watched Borat one too many times...

It is one of the facts of life -   Powerful Influential Men who have risen to the top in their chosen field tend to attract the company of beautiful women. The Question I put forward was that Architecture tends to be a little different in that there dont appear to be too many if any successful Male Architects who are out there having a bit of fun 

By referring to Powerful Influential Men in Architecture, that be no means implys that there are no Powerful Influential Women in Architecture - that would be ridiculous because of course its not true

But I did qualify it to some extent by the use of the phrase ‘tongue in cheek’ - it means that my comments were not to be taken too seriously... .. I bet that certain members of the Advertising Profession were secretly delighted at their portrayal in the Madmen series. And if it came across as sexist - that wasn’t my intention. Of course I acknowledge there are talented and successful female Architects - And its a much tougher road for them to get there so should be commended all the more. I qualified it by the use of the word Male. 

The post was aimed at a certain subset ( maybe a very small subset ? ) of us Male Architects who were attracted in part to the perceived glamourous lifestyle of the Profession  ( I will freely admit that I fall into this category ). 

Most however are not burdened by this baggage and are all the better for it. 

Feb 7, 15 1:01 pm  · 
 · 
null pointer

Remove female agency some more. OP.

This is dumb.

Feb 7, 15 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

I came here expecting a PC vs Mac shitstorm... My assumption was not too far off.

Feb 7, 15 1:06 pm  · 
 · 

Most Beautiful young women are attracted to Guys with either Social Status , Looks and Money or a combination of all 3.

False assumption. Your problem lies elsewhere.

Feb 7, 15 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
null pointer

What Miles said.

Feb 7, 15 1:13 pm  · 
 · 
jon ammer

substitute Ambition / Self Belief for Social Status if you like

Feb 7, 15 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
F-u
Feb 7, 15 5:29 pm  · 
 · 
Finding a hot wife has never been a priority for me. Finding one that I think is beautiful in every way, is a true partner, and can challenge me to be a better man? That's my goal. You don't need money for that.
Feb 7, 15 7:28 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

@OP, you made a good point. Only one. It was this one:
"Most however are not burdened by this baggage and are all the better for it."

Feb 7, 15 8:47 pm  · 
 · 
Saint in the City

OP:  This kind of humor can be very funny, but it's not easy and few writers know how to do it.

Anyway, it's a school night, and you need to finish your math homework.

Feb 8, 15 9:36 am  · 
 · 
chigurh

Roark:

If you want a beautiful wife, I highly advise getting a yellow truck that says "pussy wagon" on the back.  Women love that kind of stuff, it is both romantic and a true display of your power.  

Feb 8, 15 10:33 am  · 
 · 
-------

Or this

Feb 8, 15 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
StarchitectAlpha

"I like to say things that make me sound good" - every guy on this thread

"Your a pig for saying that! <in head> I can't believe that guy I went on a date with last night asked if I'd split the bill...LOOOOSER!" - Every girl on this thread

Feb 10, 15 1:41 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

"Most Beautiful young women are attracted to Guys with either Social Status , Looks and Money or a combination of all 3."

I just remembered this phrase, and when I was young those women had a nickname......

Feb 13, 15 3:47 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: