Archinect
anchor

admissions 2015 fall

loster

Hey all, 

I have finished my applications. The details are given below. Let me know what good chance I have with the applied colleges. 

Also, CalPoly Pomona, has asked to submit financial affidavit which is due on 15th feb. I was thinking of partial loan and cannot show a bank statement with the required amount before admission confirmation. Any ideas on how to deal with this situation?

Thanks a lot:)

23 / F / Indian

B.Arch (5 year)- 2013 with one year DAAD scholar and exchange student to Technical University of Berlin

Almost 2 years of work experience.

GPA- 64/100 ( above 3 in GPA system)

GRE- 149Q/ 150V/ 3.5W

TOEFL- 105

LOR- 3 in total, 2 from TU, Berlin Profs and one from college profs

Portfolio- http://issuu.com/anjaliramachandran/docs/virginia_tech_anjali_ramachandran/1

(just put in 4 projects to make it brief)

Applied colleges: Yale SOA

Virginia Tech

CalPoly Pomona

Feb 6, 15 11:50 am
natematt

I wish your portfolio had more architecture. What is there feels a bit lightweight too. Not that it's bad, just not what I would want to see. Everything else is fine.

I wouldn't bet on getting into Yale, but the other two are quite possible.

Feb 6, 15 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

If you didn't have an architecture background, I'd say this was an okay portfolio at best. I would never guess from looking at this that you have a B.Arch.

Yale and Virginia Tech are going to be quick rejections. Cal Poly is your best bet, but I wouldn't count on getting much in the way of advanced placement.

Feb 6, 15 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
loster

alright. thanks a lot. 

Feb 7, 15 7:38 am  · 
 · 
fekim4

Hey Anjali, 

Im in the same boat, with a study abroad from IAAC barcelona, instead of Berlin. 

I also have a 64% agg, in B.Arch, but slightly higher exam scores. 

GRE - 324 and TOEFL - 115

Lets keep in touch though the admission process. Id like to discuss more details. 

email me at -  vivekmuralidhar91@gmail.com

or facebook - Vivek Muralidhar

Feb 9, 15 4:47 am  · 
 · 
MyDream

Good Luck! Can I ask what type of master's are you going for? Looks like you already have a (NAAB) accredited degree.

Feb 19, 15 7:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: