Archinect
anchor

Cal State- Long Beach vs. Woodbury Universtiy

Zach Tyler

Hello all,

I am a transfer student who is currently completing my 4th semester at community college and will be transferring to one of the schools above to study interior design or interior architecture. CSULB has the design program and Woodbury has the IA program. I wanted to hear some opinions if you know of these schools programs and what they are like/how they are perceived in the professional world. I am leaning more towards the IA program at Woodbury but I wanted to hear your thoughts. Thanks for the responses in advance! 

Feb 4, 15 1:35 pm
sameolddoctor

I think Woodbury is a better school in general, just judging from the quality of the grads ive met from both schools....

Feb 4, 15 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

I don't know anything about LB's program, but I think Woodbury would be a great place to be around other folks into all aspects of design and architecture.

Feb 4, 15 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
Zach Tyler

I also just found out I got accepted to San Jose State University in the BFA Interior Design program there. Should I consider this as an option? I want to go where the best program is so any info you guys can provide on any of these schools would be much appreciated. Thank you for the responses so far!

Feb 19, 15 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
gdub

Woodbury's Interior Architecture program is a top ranked program and offers a low student to teacher ratio. Woodbury offers a transfer scholarship from community colleges for students with decent grades.

I have found that it does help to go to a school near where you want to work when you graduate(whenever possible). Cal State Long Beach has the best social scene on campus and is known as party school..  

Mar 30, 16 11:39 pm  · 
 · 
You know what would be awesome, if Snoop Dogg addressed archi students at Long Beach like Kanye did at Harvard. He's put it in the air.
Mar 30, 16 11:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: