Archinect
anchor

Advance Placement M.Arch - What does this mean? URGENT!

Fountain

Hello! I just received a mail from one of the schools I applied to saying they're willing to offer me "Advance Placement", thus waiving a studio course and asking if I'd be interested.

Question: Does this mean that if I reply to the email saying I am interested then I'd receive the offer? Is the hidden message "you're admitted"?

I'm asking because it seems still early to me to hear any result and I frankly don't quite know where my reply will lead me to. Any advice? Big thanks!

Feb 2, 15 11:25 pm
Janosh

It probably means that you'll get in. Surely tell them you are interested - if you haven't done a formal visit this would be the time to do it.

Feb 3, 15 1:14 am  · 
 · 
Fountain

@Janosh: Thanks for the advice Janosh! To be pretty frank this is the first school to say anything and I have other concerns too. Would it be a bad thing if I'm to say I'm interested, but then end up somewhere else?

Feb 3, 15 2:32 am  · 
 · 
Korearch

Haha yes, sure. They even do not treat the rejected students with like that way. :)

Feb 3, 15 3:51 am  · 
 · 
Fountain

@Korearch: One of my first reactions was "does this mean that now they're throwing me into a different tank to compete in the big game?" because that could result in an out eventually!

But then I guess it's just me overthinking. So I quit thinking and just replied yes I am :)

Feb 3, 15 8:16 am  · 
 · 
natematt

You have an arch background I presume. If so it makes sense that you would do an abbreviated program. Schools that make people with previous arch degrees do the same number of years as people coming from other backgrounds are out of their minds. Yes, that likely means you are accepted. Replying that you are interested has no impact on if you go to that school or not though.

Feb 3, 15 10:33 am  · 
 · 
Lian Chikako Chang

You are overthinking. "Willing to offer" sounds clear to me!

Feb 5, 15 7:31 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

It means that you will be in debt.  

Feb 5, 15 9:55 pm  · 
 · 
Fountain

@natematt: Thanks for the tips! I said yes soon after replying to the ppl above! :D

Feb 5, 15 11:16 pm  · 
 · 
Fountain

@jla-x: What do you mean by debt?

Feb 5, 15 11:17 pm  · 
 · 
bvega

What school was it? If you don't mind me asking

Feb 6, 15 6:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: