Archinect
anchor

Migraines, anyone?

Saint in the City

Any fellow migraine sufferers here?

Yesterday I thought I felt one coming on, went to work, got ready for a meeting, posted some stuff on Archinect on a couple threads -- that made little sense, plus math errors -- went to a meeting, got worse, left early and went home.

My notes from the meeting are about half useless.  I also just read what I wrote on the "Educate Me..."  thread...  well, sorry Newbie, but you didn't get any education from me...  maybe I'll try again.

Anyway, I've had migraines for years -- the "classic" variety.  Normally I get through them in an hour or so, but about once every several months I'll get the kind where I can't think straight, talk, read, etc.  ....   then all I can do is lie down for several hours.

Some have them a lot worse than me.  

Jan 29, 15 8:52 am

I just read something that linked them to gluten.

Jan 29, 15 8:58 am  · 
 · 

And no, I don't have migraines, but I am gluten free.

Jan 29, 15 9:18 am  · 
 · 
xx__

Drinking coffee or tea? 

Jan 29, 15 9:23 am  · 
 · 

A friend with migraines says coffee makes them go away.

Jan 29, 15 9:30 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

is it gluten free coffee?

Jan 29, 15 9:38 am  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Too much computer time? That can do it for me. Or prolonged stress. 

Jan 29, 15 9:58 am  · 
 · 
Carrera

Read the same as Miles.... been very sick for 6 months, been to 4 doctors, tests, scans, scopes... nobody had a clue... know what it was? Gluten. Was well within a week. If you study it you'll quit, causes a many problems - poison.

Jan 29, 15 10:24 am  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

anyone ever hear of a MTHFR mutation?  Until I found out that I have it I thought "gluten free" was just another fad diet, maybe it is for some people.... 

Lots of sympathy for migraine sufferers though, seems like there isn't a one size fits all solution

Jan 29, 15 10:30 am  · 
 · 
Saint in the City

Gluten free -- I hadn't heard of that approach -- so I checked it out and apparently it helps some people.  Thanks....  

Jan 29, 15 7:30 pm  · 
 · 
gruen

My wife was having horrid health issues - lots of belly pain, bad skin, other strange things. She went gluten free and it's cleared up. This was several years ago. Plenty of tests, but nothing proved that gluten was the issue, but I saw it work firsthand. I still eat plenty of gluten myself, but I don't have health issues either (knock on wood). 

Jan 29, 15 8:43 pm  · 
 · 

Once in a while. When my vision starts to go, I immediately go off by myself and drink a Pepsi until it goes away. Trying to work is impossible because I can not see what the fuck I am doing or even think coherently. The only thing I can suggest is to not try to work thru it, the additional stress will only make it worse.

Jan 30, 15 12:34 am  · 
 · 
Pixar

Stress... does it for me too.

I actually wear glasses, to help me with headaches. I don't have any vision problems per say..

You could try getting a random eye exam!

Mar 10, 15 7:58 pm  · 
 · 
proto

caffeine is known to help with migraines

Mar 11, 15 2:17 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: