Archinect
anchor

MBA after Urban Design and Landscape Architecture Degree

seda

Uhm, Hi,

I'm 22 years old, a bit young I know and I am having troubles on planning my future and also my career, I graduated at a very young age and I want to use the benefits of it, I decided to do an MBA at a very respectful university (not overrating) but with my Urban Design and Landscape Architecture degree (basically graduated from a fine arts/design department) I don't know how to combine these two fields.

Design offices in my country (Turkey) are a bit infertile and the corporate ones have intimidating requirements. I made a research on how to combine these two and not having to work at a marketing or counseling sector, I need to see and hear about your experiences. I was planning to have masters degree on Urban Planning but as I said it is an infertile sector and I don't want an academic career. 

I love my profession but, for at least 5-7 years my salary will not be adequate to live at a certain level or even without my family helping or start some savings, that was one of the main reasons I wanted to have an MBA degree, I am a bit scared because I usually follow my plans but the examples around me are not enough to create a business plan and I don't want to regret my decisions or not having a decision years later..

Jan 26, 15 7:46 pm

MBAs are for suckers. If you want to make some real dough go into architecture.

Jan 26, 15 7:56 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

22 and already panicking about the future?

Jan 27, 15 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
seda

yes, you can't imagine

Jan 29, 15 3:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: