Archinect
anchor

Another Portfolio Review Thread brrrrrr

Narcus

Hey guys!
I am aniruddh [m22] from IIT Roorkee and I am planning to apply to computational / advance architecture degrees. I really just played soccer through uniuntil I had the chance to work on computational sci/robotics which caught my interest!

I put the document together in a rush because I had just 5 days after my thesis to make a submit which is why a few projects are direct submission spreads, plus I would say my technical/services side would be stronger than the art/architecture (sheet layout is what Im most afraid of). So I would really appreciate your comments on layouts and what doesn't look good etc. In school I took all the technical courses like C++/Economics/Real Estate/Acoustical Planning/ Micro robotics.

Also if you do read the text let me know where you find the text confusing / blunt start-end. Or If i need to clarify more Thanks!

http://issuu.com/aniruddhjain/docs/aniruddh_jain_portfolio_2015_issuu_

Also any suggestions on how I can work more in field of digital/advanced architecture are welcome since there isnt a lot of its presence in India

Thanks a lot!!!

Jan 21, 15 9:39 pm
midlander

Quite a lot of material in there, not bad bad for a hurried portfolio. Your graphic sense is pretty good so don't be worried about that.

I don't have time to read through everything - at a glance I'd say separate academic work from internship work. Generally the academic work gives a better sense of your interests and thinking as an individual and is more valuable for applying to another university. The internship work is good for showing skills you have, but keep it short and focus on what you specifically contributed.

If you can clean up some of the spreads that are just presentation boards to make them easier to read that would be useful. Also take out some unnecessary material like the team photo on p.18-19 that doesn't explain anything about the work.

Jan 21, 15 10:32 pm  · 
 · 
Narcus

Thanks ! I'll do that. But what do you think of the computational And robotics work is that something to make a impression for aa drl / MIT sMarch ? I tried to put all the computational work first and then the rest instead of internship and academic but I think I should highlight that more as you said. Thanks a lot !!

Jan 22, 15 8:22 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

^that's a topic I know nothing about so can't offer much help. Your portfolio definitely showed a clear interest about that and seemed interesting, but I don't know anything about those programs or what they look for.

Jan 22, 15 10:15 pm  · 
 · 
Narcus

Thanks anyways! 

Jan 27, 15 6:20 am  · 
 · 
ziazia

Hey! 

Check Upenn, sci-arch, columbia and maybe pratt as well. I am currently doing research at Upenn in a studio that focuses on computational geometry with Cecil Balmond. We mostly use Python and deal with advanced geometry, higher dimensions and some interesting topology concepts. I think you would like it and you would do great with your background.

Jan 31, 15 11:33 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: