Archinect
anchor

Thesis about Coco Fiber

myiaow

Hi, I'm an Architect student in the Philippines and starting my thesis project which is an alternative for tensile fabric using coco fiber as the fabric. But that's not all, I'm also thinking of taking advantage of the fact that it is water absorbent by using it to make a "green-roof" fabric.

Please, I need your suggestions/ thoughts/ ideas if this is plausible. Thank you!

Jan 21, 15 1:47 am
placebeyondthesplines

Cool, let us know when the project is finished.

Jan 21, 15 3:15 am  · 
 · 
myiaow

Thank you, I will but first of all it needs to be  approve first by my prof! Also, Do you think it is plausible using it as the fabric? or is it way to idealistic?

Jan 21, 15 10:18 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

is coco fibre any better than cotton or even some sort of hybrid textile?

Jan 21, 15 10:39 am  · 
 · 
myiaow

Thank you for this question. As of now, I can't say that it is any better since I lack research (on progress), but my reason that coconut husk are abundant in our country aside from making it into coir or peat the rest of them are going into waste. Besides that, I am thinking of an indigenous way of making a fabric which can turn into a "green-roof" fabric and as we all know, coco fiber was used in planting.

Hope this can partially answer your question. Please ask any possible questions you can think of, to further my study research. Thank you!

Jan 21, 15 11:25 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: