Archinect
anchor

IBC

wendtenbacher24
Has anyone ever come across a good online study course for the IBC? I am an Intern Architect and would love to get well versed in the code. I reference the IBC at work when needed but am interested in developing a more comprehensive knowledge beyond the sections I most commonly use.

Jan 15, 15 1:35 pm
BulgarBlogger

honestly- a lot of comes from Code Research for particular projects and studying for the ARE's. A lot of the basic code stuff is in people's study notes for the ARE as well as resources such as Kaplan and Ballast who reference sections of the IBC. 

Jan 15, 15 1:47 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe
online? no.
but the code commentary book is very helpful in understanding the intent.
Jan 15, 15 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
Saint in the City

Something else that might help would be to find a few code review formats that other people or firms have put together.  You can find them online.  Study them and then work to create your own version.  

Volunteer to do a code review for a new/upcoming project.  You'll feel inept starting out, but you'll get up to speed quickly.  

Jan 15, 15 3:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: