Archinect
anchor

How did you go about getting your job in China?

drawscape

I have spent some time in China working as an Intern Architect. I was laid off a couple of weeks ago. Now I’m in the US, desperately trying to get back there, hopefully in Shanghai. I am starting send out tons of emails everyday, but before I do that, I want your advice for the best way to go about getting a firm’s attention to give me an interview, then hire me.

So How did you go about getting your job in China? 

How much time did it take you?

How many emails or phone calls?

Did you carefully craft your Cover letter, CV, Portfolio for each individual firm, or did you go for quantity over quality?

Jan 10, 15 11:33 pm
DeTwan

got that Chinese fever.

First mistake was coming back to America.

Someone quarantine this fool!

Jan 10, 15 11:42 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

Like is true in most places, I got every job I've had in China through a friend or a colleague. Ask around anyone you knew here.

But right now the market is bad. If you're not highly experienced you're not likely going to find a job here. Sorry.

Jan 11, 15 8:11 am  · 
 · 
drawscape

I have contacted most the people I know, but unfortunatly I only have contacts in Beijing, and I am really hoping I don't have to go back there. So if anyone has some Shanghai contacts... I would forever have a certain fondness for you. 

Have you all ever tried using a headhunter/recruiter? 

Jan 11, 15 8:28 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

drawscape - I sent you an email, take a look. good luck.

Jan 11, 15 9:43 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: