Archinect
anchor

what does it meaning of this diagram?

alvaroro

i'm freshman of studying architecture on this year.

someone said this diagram is the most brilliant on architecture.

but i don't know what does it means these stick.

could you explain the meaning and process of classification?

i don't know...

i just know that final diagram is same shape as real building 'seatle library'.

Jan 9, 15 1:52 am
bugsmetoo

http://www.archdaily.com/11651/seattle-central-library-oma-lmn/

Look at the diagrams.

Jan 9, 15 2:20 am  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

But what does it meaning? These stick.

Also what should my dissertation topic be to be most brilliant on architecture? 

Jan 9, 15 2:57 am  · 
 · 
boy in a well

oh just fucking kill me now. can you rephrase the question in terms of mac or pc? i dont need another fucking knife in my face.

Jan 9, 15 4:22 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

who'se that "someone"?

Was it a professor, a classmate, some homeless man living under the overpass or a simple, yet humble, potted house plant?

Jan 9, 15 8:35 am  · 
 · 

That's brilliant!  I've never seen a diagram that so precisely and concisely summarized architecture like that.

Jan 9, 15 8:54 am  · 
 · 
gruen

That diagram is amazing, very likely the ying-yang symbol of the 22nd century. I can't imagine how someone could be so intelligent. I am not worthy. 

Jan 9, 15 9:31 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

this diagram works too:

http://static.squarespace.com/static/51dc4581e4b0d3fa0da39f35/t/545bf428e4b021bda534dad9/1415312428663/

Jan 9, 15 9:40 am  · 
 · 
Stephanie

Please quit life now.

Jan 9, 15 9:49 am  · 
 · 
Saint in the City

^^ That's genius.  Like Googling "Google", or creating a critical path chart based on the time and tasks necessary to create a critical path chart.  Or sketching my pencil.

Jan 9, 15 9:53 am  · 
 · 
x-jla

do me a favor...punch yourself in the face...k thanks!

Jan 9, 15 10:31 am  · 
 · 
Menona

Also see the Joshua Prince Ramus TED Talk on the Library for more info about the diagram and that method of design.

JPR TED

Jan 9, 15 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

that diagram = life

Jan 9, 15 2:15 pm  · 
 · 
geezertect

Indecipherable gibberish--a perfect distillation of this profession.

Jan 11, 15 8:11 pm  · 
 · 

it's a stack of books, obviously.

Jan 12, 15 8:20 pm  · 
 · 
awaiting_deletion

Quite possibly one of the best thread titles ever.

Jan 12, 15 8:28 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

It is a program diagram showing what percentage of the whole is dedicated to a specific use; it is then re-organized by the designer to meet the client's needs and aspirations per program requirements elicited through client meetings. OMA initially got fired from this jib because the project team apparently asked questions that led the design team to co e to a different conclusion about what the library needs to be. Eventually the client came back because they realized OMA was correct in its analysis and assessment.

Jan 12, 15 8:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: