Archinect
anchor

Establishing NCARB Record

Hi,  I currently live in Chicago.  I have paid part of the Ncarb record fee to establish my record and begin the exams.  However, I notice I need to establish it in a specific state.  I don't see myself staying in Chicago for more than a few years.  I would likely move to California in the next 2-3 yrs.  My question:  If I pay the remainder of my fee in Illinois, take some of the exams, then move, will my record still be valid in another state?  Would I need to re establish it and take exams again?  Thanks for any help

Jan 2, 15 5:22 pm
SneakyPete

Your record will still be there, and you'll still have passed those exams, but you will need to pay a fee to CA ($100) and fill out their form to be eligible to sit for exams in CA (and take the supplementary CA exam). If you tell NCARB you're moving, they should do the rest. Also I've had good luck simply calling them and asking for advice, they have always been quite candid.

Jan 2, 15 6:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: