Archinect
anchor

Need help for career path

srlincoln

Hello guys, I am currently giving my A2 Levels and I will be finishing my Levels by this Jan. So I was thinking of applying for either CSE or Architecture. So which should I choose? Which will be more beneficial to me in terms of wealth? Meaning would I be able to be a Millionaire or maybe a Billionaire by being an architect? I know through CSE its possible but I like Architecture better than that. So guys please help. For undergraduate level I would be studying in USA. & for masters i am going to do MBA. So please help with which base should I start with. Thanks in advance

Dec 29, 14 10:33 am
curtkram

no, you can only be a millionaire or billionaire if your parents are millionaires/billionaires.

if you're going to get an mba, you're not going into either construction or architecture. you're going to get an mba.  MBA is an acronym for Master of Business Administration. 

you may have to consider that up to this point your education has failed you.  instead of college, i would advise go learn a good union trade.

Dec 29, 14 11:49 am  · 
 · 
“””1991”

"you may have to consider that up to this point your education has failed you. "

Lulz...whaa

Dec 29, 14 1:19 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

rick+roll, this statement:

Meaning would I be able to be a Millionaire or maybe a Billionaire by being an architect? I know through CSE its possible but I like Architecture better than that.

suggests there has been a huge gap in expectations v. reality.  that's a big enough gap to suggest something is wrong, in my opinion.  unless some sort of huge inflationary thing happens where 'millionaire' becomes 'middle-class.'  if that's the reasoning, then i would think a finance degree to precede the mba would be more appropriate than either architecture or CSE.  i don't think it's reasonable to say a person will become a millionaire in the US because they went into architecture as a profession.

i googled 'a-level' education to get an idea of currency conversions to see if that might be where the discrepancy is (the OP did not say US dollar millionaire, that was my assumption since they said they will be going to school in the US).  it seems if they are talking about rupees, then i apologize; it is probably possible to become a millionaire at a 1:0.016 rate.

otherwise maybe i'm just in a sour mood having to come back to work after vacation and i should quit posting stuff for a couple days.

Dec 29, 14 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

troll

Dec 29, 14 5:58 pm  · 
 · 
edcole

It pays to be realistic I don't know anyone yet that has come out of architecture school and turned into a Millionaire or Billionaire, and somehow I am not sure if architecture is the kind of field with such great returns for this to happen. This is not to say that one could not achieve such status with architecture. Architecture graduates in the US, tend to receive a moderate salary, salary improves with credentials and experience. I have seen that at a certain career stage post licensure a number of architects venture into business and run their own firms. For a successful firm the returns can be good. I suppose the closest thing to a Millionaire, Billionaire status in architecture would be a celebrity architect or star architect. Curtkram, had a good point you may want to look more closely at if college would be the best path or if there are other opportunities that can allow you to explore and build your career and life the way you would like to. You can look at alternatives like a Theil Fellowship - http://www.thielfellowship.org/

Dec 31, 14 12:01 am  · 
 · 
natematt

I can’t take this question seriously with the B word floating around.   

It is essentially impossible to move into any position where you can make a billion dollars. Basically, you can only become a billionaire through working a job if you create a company/product. Even concerning CEOs there might only be a dozen in the world who actually make that much money directly from their job. But these people are not in architecture firms… obviously.

Dec 31, 14 1:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: