Archinect
anchor

Portfolio Review.

Beepbeep

In work and not completed yet but Lets get some feedback. thanks in advance.

http://issuu.com/dkornmeyer/docs/david_j_kornmeyer_portfolio_option_/0

Dec 28, 14 9:51 pm
flatroof

Should change the thread title to "placebeyondthesplines tells you you're terrible."

Dec 28, 14 10:19 pm  · 
 · 
bugsmetoo

It feels like any other spread PDF one can accidentally click open on ISSUU.

Dec 28, 14 10:35 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

What's the purpose of the portfolio - are you trying to get a new job? If so you should include samples of some of the work you produced during your internships. Probably should include dates of graduation for academic programs so readers can gauge how long you've been out of school.

If it's an academic portfolio - what kind of program are you trying to get into? And why? It looks like you already have an accredited masters' in architecture.

Dec 28, 14 11:23 pm  · 
 · 
natematt

If this is meant as a first impression its going to be a bit long.

As a whole it is clean and reasonably well done. I don't care much for the cover or the design of the resume, which is an unfortunate way to start the portfolio, but after that it gets better. I think there could be a little stronger hierarchy of content though, which leads to my next comment.

Having taken just a brief look at it I feel like the content is reasonably strong and diverse. However, I think some of the projects contain repetitive information. That first project in particular felt like it had twenty images with essentially the same information.

Dec 29, 14 2:26 pm  · 
 · 
Beepbeep

Thanks for the critique natematt I agree I do not like the cover at all an need to simplify it. I have updated it, you can look if you would like, and I will continue, I agree I still need to work on the content some, and break apart the files from the studio I do not have all the original images. I will re-work the project and delete the duplicate material. The purpose of the portfolio is to get my work together and get something a document going and I am going to apply to a couple post-professional M.Arch  programs for the fun of it and see what happens, I have a great job and a side business, I would like to teach down the road part-time so I might as well try to get a fancy degree if I can get into a program with some funding and teaching assistant-ships. 

Dec 29, 14 9:48 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

@flatroof On the contrary, this is quite a refreshing change from the usual garbage posted here (seems safe to assume you've posted some of that yourself under another username). 

I agree about the length and the résumé, but generally this is pretty nice. 

Dec 30, 14 11:27 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: