Archinect
anchor

MIT APPLICATION (M.ARCH II) December 31

roman_architec

Hi, this question is regarding the application to the M.arch II program at (MIT)

Is it super important and crucial to take the TOEFL test in order to apply, and/or could I apply without taking the test?

Also... if (in my case) there are NO spaces available to take the TOEFL test prior to the deadline ( December 31 ), can I just take it later on..January or something..

I ALREADY CALL THEM : AND THEY TOLD ME THAT I HAVE TO TAKE THE TEST, MEANING THAT THE SCORES SHOULD BE THERE WHEN THEY EVALUATE MY APPLICATION.

HOWEVER: my though is that... the toefl is not that big of a deal.. so maybe i could just take the test in January and they probably just tell me later that my scores are missing..What do you guys think?

PS. maybe i just put on some random scores on the application and they confirm my scores when the results get there ( once i take the test) 

I just think its kinda stupid that I am not going to be able to apply just because of that issue...

Dec 20, 14 11:16 pm
placebeyondthesplines

So just to be clear, you already definitively know the answer to this question, but you're asking here because you think that answer is stupid?

And one option you're proposing is to put an outright lie on your application. Doesn't blatant dishonesty strike you as a) a pretty terrible way to start graduate school and b) the kind of action that might get your admission rescinded (assuming you get in)?

It seems like you should take some responsibility for not having taken the test in time for the application. That is no one's fault but your own. Why should your application be considered alongside all of those that properly met the requirements? 

Dec 21, 14 6:29 am  · 
 · 
TED

You should see if they accept IELTS and see if you can get a test booked ahead of time -

Having done admissions, we give conditional offers based upon meeting the marks - conditional offers also would be given to students who are still completing their UG at application.  

I wouldn't lie - just keep it blank and they throw you out that's fine on that basis but don't be a fool.

Dec 21, 14 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

Also there is no M.Arch II at MIT. Presumably you mean the SMarchS, but you should probably at least know the name the program to which you're applying. 

Dec 21, 14 4:45 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: