Archinect
anchor

Architecture Portfolio.

J_design

Hello I am a undergrad architecture major, I have come across a puzzling question (for me at least)  about a Architecture Portfolio. My question pertains to the drawing in the folder. Are the drawings or work etc. from assignments or are they drawing an architect has done on their free time etc.

Please no smart remarks. Serious answers only

Thank you

Dec 19, 14 4:13 pm
SneakyPete

All of the above. Any work that is pertinent to the job for which you are applying is eligible to be included.

Dec 19, 14 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

An architecture portfolio is a assembly of your work done either through school assignments, past/current employment or personal exploration. You just need to label them as such and when necessary, provide further commentary if for example, certain projects were done within a group setting or for construction purposes.

There are plenty of examples (good and bad) in the forums of portfolios.

Dec 19, 14 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
toosaturated

Is this an academic portfolio or for job searching? A portfolio should demonstrate your'e capabilities. This can be from school or personal projects. Depending on what you're using it for, you may have to tailor it to that specific needs.

From my experience, school portfolios tends to be more process heavy. For job searching it's more about the finished product and what you can offer the firm in terms of skills.

Dec 19, 14 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
J_design

Thank you everyone for your help. It was very insightful and cleared up a lot of confusion.

Dec 21, 14 9:36 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: