Archinect
anchor

Post Professional Degreee options

Bandit3

Hey fellow Archinects, so I'm looking to do a 1-2 yr post-professional degree after I graduate with my MArch1 degree from UofCincinnati. 

The schools I'm looking into are GSD MDes Urbanism, Landscape, Ecology (1.5 yrs), YSOA MED (2 yrs), GSAPP MAAD (Global Cities - 1.5 yrs), and the AA MPhil Architecture and Urban Design (Projective Cities - 1.5yrs).

I eventually want to practice and teach simultaneously and am wondering which program would best suit my interests/allow for more doors to open.  Also, I know some of these schools are going through some changes in faculty so I was just wondering if anyone had any good insight into these programs. 

Sidenote: I'm also wondering in the case of the 2 yr program at YSOA, if it would just be better to apply for the MARCH2 program or not?  I would prefer to keep a level of studio environment,  which I understand I am going to have to give up within most of these more research/writing-based programs, but just something to keep in mind.

Thanks in advance!

Dec 15, 14 7:20 pm
kyuen87

BYK3, did you get any news from GSAPP yet?

Mar 5, 15 3:24 pm  · 
 · 
kadio

Hi Bandit3, I'm interested to know where you went eventually and how you found it to be.. I am at a 2-year professional program now (was not accepted into my preferred post-prof choices) and I feel that it is too undergrad for me. 

Oct 13, 15 12:46 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: