Archinect
anchor

LED lighting - Could use some help from you all...

Gal.Zeiger

Hello to all the architects here in this forum.

I'm starting my own company in the LED lighting industry and I have a few questions for my future business partners  :)

1) How much money in your opinion your client would be willing to pay (if at all)  for a high-end LED lighting fixture for a standard living room?

2) Do you agree that there isn't enough verity in the LED lighting fixtures market?

3) Would you buy or recommend your clients to buy a LED lighting fixture that can produce a unique decorative effect by demand?

Thank you from advance, I would really appreciate to have a few answers..

Dec 13, 14 6:29 pm

1. As much or as little as they want to.

2. No. There is plenty of verity. There is also good variety.

3. Are you proposing something other than what is currently available from Philips and probably 50 other sources?

Dec 14, 14 9:29 am  · 
 · 
Gal.Zeiger

Of course. The Philips and other sources will still be the core of the fixture but I'm talking about giving the clients a wide spectrum of wanted effects (if at all) as well as a wide verity of controlling options. I still can't tell the innovation of this idea because it is not yet protected but I can assure you it is like giving a painter that had only 2 colors until now a new pallet of colors and a new set of brushes.

Tomorrow I might find the right way to protect it so I could tell a bit more about the kind of fixture I'm talking about. 

Dec 14, 14 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
candylion

for your fist question, i would say the amount around 10-20 bulks would be sufficient.

May 17, 15 11:52 pm  · 
 · 
Echy

Hi everyone! If you're interested, we have developed a patented technology with brings sunlight into buildings using fibre optic cables. We couple our technology with LEDS, meaning that if ever there is insufficient sunlight outside, or it is cloudy, our LED system automatically kicks in and lights up. We have combined LED and daylighting systems which can be useful in all types of buildings. I would love to hear about any projects you guys might have!

Jun 24, 15 8:52 am  · 
 · 

1- When you say variety are you referring to the diode, lamp or lighting fixture market? The number of players is small, but with batching the list goes up a little. Once you look at the lamp market, which is driven by by batching the list gets larger. And if I use a lamp with high quality LEDs  designed to fit in an A-lamp base (aka a lightbulb) does that make the cheap fixture high end?  

If it's about fixtures specifically, look at the market, there are enough to determine your price point.

2- No. See above.

3- I'm not clear what makes your product unique here. I can go to ikea and get this feature, or I can go online and get the same componets with even more LEDs. A fixture isn't high end just because you can play with the dimmer switch or driver.

Jun 24, 15 10:05 am  · 
 · 
JLC-1

http://www.iluminarc.com/product/ilumipod-logic-tri-4/

This is just one example of many available, full programmable to produce millions of colors and light effects.  

Expensive but worth when needed.

Are you proposing something different than this?

Jun 24, 15 10:26 am  · 
 · 
johnsontsui

Long life capacitors in LED LIGHTING APPLICATIONS

Shanghai Yongming Electronic Co., Ltd., which is a China-based manufacturer focused on designing &producing Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors. Qualities has approved by current customers PHILIPS GE OSRAM TOSHIBA. 

Radial Leading capacitors in LED DRIVER, POWER SUPPLY:
1. Super long load life LLK series 20000hrs, LKZ series 15000hrs, LKG series 12000hrs at +105C 
2. Super high temperature LKL series 5000hrs at +130C
3. More smaller size LK7 series size 5*7mm, LKM series size 5*9mm

For datasheet and free samples if need, pls TEXT me at +1-2018985566 or whatapp+8615653007886 
or email to cwj(at)sh-ymin(dot)com/////
////www(dot)facebook(dot)com/shanghaiyongming////
///////www(dot)sh-ymin(dot)com///////

Kind Regards
Johnson
Shanghai Yongming Electronic Co., Ltd.
Fengxian District,Shanghai 201406, China 
Office:+86-21-33617848
China +8615653007886
US +12018985566

Oct 6, 15 9:35 pm  · 
 · 
kevin110

I think you should refer to the price of other peer sites such as Amazon, eBay, supernight.cc ...

Nov 16, 15 10:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: