Archinect
anchor

Help choose Route into Architecture

verarith

Hi Everyone,

I’m a recent graduate of Political Science but I’m rerouting myself to Architecture and trying to do so in the most efficient way possible.  

There are several decent U.S. MArch programs for non-bachelors but my plan has a geographic component: I want to live and work in Europe long-term. So I figure the best route is a masters program that would base me for a couple years where I can establish myself in said country.

I lived in Germany for a year during Bachelors on a program that could serve as a fair segue into urban design.

Considering these three scenarios:

1. enter workforce immediately in urban planning
  2. enroll European graduate program in either Architecture or Urban Design
  3. complete certificate program in U.S. to better my chances for MArch in Europe

Knowing my better energy, I'd rather gain work experience over studying but only if it builds toward this goal.  And where I am now, acceptance to European MArch programs would be difficult as I'd rely entirely on portfolio.

I’m not certain of legislative obstacles to obtaining European degree and employment, that’s why I’m posting here.  At this point, architecture would be a greater challenge but a more exact match for me; I’ll happily work for it but strategically so.

P.S. By “Europe” I mostly mean German-speaking countries as well as the Netherlands and Scandinavia. Not considering the UK at this time.

Many thanks!

Dec 10, 14 10:15 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: