Archinect
anchor

Picking the right path

gerona

Hi there!

I'm currently in high school and was planning on pursuing a career in architecture in post-secondary. One issue I have is I want to stay in my city for a couple of years, which is Edmonton, Alberta. I've explored my options and there are two ways I can get started, but I wasn't sure which one would generally be better(as a side note, I am planning on applying to the UBC Environmental Design Program two years into post-secondary). The first path I could take is the Bachelor of Arts degree at the University of Alberta, majoring in Art and Design. The second would be at NAIT, where they have a 2-year Architectural Technology program. (I have a third choice of going into the Bachelor of Design program, but I don't have enough work for my portfolio, so I wouldn't be able to apply). Just wanted to get some opinions on which would be more beneficial for my application to UBC, or if there's any other way that would be better, I'd greatly appreciate the information. Thank you!

Dec 8, 14 11:12 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: