Archinect
anchor

Is Architectural Assistant (graduated B Arch 3 years) equivalent to Architecture Intern (Europe)?

heff07

Hi, im a B Arch (3years) architecture graduate from Malaysia. Just a question, at here after we graduated from B Arch, we can apply to work as an Architectural Assistant in local firm. Was wondering does this term apply to architecture firm in Europe? Cause im thinking of working oversea at Europe, but I searched most of the firm in Europe they dont have the position for Architectural Assistant, just Architecture Intern. Are they equivalent? 

Dec 8, 14 12:17 pm
heff07

I see... thanks CHI-GMP.. what about "junior architect"? 

Dec 9, 14 2:26 am  · 
 · 

My experience has been that the term 'intern' in Europe is applied to students who are working a short term (4-6 month) praktikum or traineeship in conjunction with their studies or on a semester off. When I graduated with my master's, I applied as a graduate architect or junior architect/designer. There is definitely a difference in how firms will view your application if you apply as an intern vs. as a graduate.

Dec 9, 14 9:34 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Architectural Designer is just as good a term as any other.

Dec 9, 14 9:38 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: