Archinect
anchor

Notre Dame Architecture Program

Saint in the City

I had a friend ask me about this program -- apparently his son is considering attending.  

I was zero help -- I know nothing about the program, and have never worked with -- or even talked with -- anyone who graduated from the program.  Anyone know the good / bad about the program?

Dec 5, 14 3:54 pm
LITS4FormZ

I attended the career discovery program prior to beginning undergrad(years ago). If that's an option for your friend's son then I strongly suggest it. I originally wanted to attend but after that summer program I did not apply to ND, just wasn't for me. 

It's a great program, rooted in classical architecture that still values hand-drawing with about as good of an alumni base as any Ivy League university. The Rome studies program is the only US architecture program where a year abroad is a required part of the curriculum. 

Dec 5, 14 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ

Turns out the career discovery is available...

http://architecture.nd.edu/academics/professional-development/career-discovery/

Dec 5, 14 4:53 pm  · 
 · 
TIQM

If your friend's son is interested in ND, he should know that the program teaches classical and traditional architecture.  It is the foremost classical program in the country.  If he has talent, a degree from ND will nearly guarantee him a good job upon graduation, since there are few other classical programs, and therefore the top ND grads are in high demand - the good trad firms fight over them.

Dec 5, 14 6:07 pm  · 
 · 
gruen
What EKE said.
Dec 6, 14 11:15 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: