Archinect
anchor

Intern Salary Question

PewPewPew

I am 5 years out of Arch school with a Bach of Arch. I have a good bit of experience( I interned through out school) in all aspects. My resume would list that I have somewhere in the 7-8 years of experience now. I am in the middle of my ARE's and have failed none. I have been at this smaller firm (20 people) for almost 4 years now mainly doing CA work and was told last week that they are taking me out of Construction Admin and back into design/drawing/project management. 

I took this job because of its location in the suburbs and not in the city and the fact that noone here works more than 40 hr weeks. I have not had to work any overtime whatsoever. They do provide me with a Iphone but healthcare benefits are awful. We have a SEP plan that I will now be eligible for this year.

My question is what is an acceptable salary for my level of knowledge and experience? I make peanuts compared to others with the experience and I am getting to the point of asking for a raise. I barely make more than my first job out of college that I was eventually laid off from because of the economy. 

Dec 5, 14 3:27 pm
Non Sequitur

Location?

Dec 5, 14 3:38 pm  · 
 · 
x intern

Location make a huge difference to the question you've asked.  it could be anywhere from 45-65 depending on location.  Type of firm could make a difference as well but not as much as location.  If you aren't making as much as the people around you thats your fault not the employers.  

Dec 5, 14 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

between 55-65k in a metropolitan area, 40-50k in the sticks.

Dec 5, 14 4:37 pm  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ

Check out http://salaries.archinect.com

Dec 5, 14 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

you make it sound like you've been there four years and never asked for a raise!? give it a try - it often works.

Dec 5, 14 9:00 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: