Archinect
anchor

Challenge for a London Basement in a Historically Listed Building

thomas.goulding@gmail.com

Hi, 

I am living in historically listed building in the basement flat in London.

The entrance to the flat is down some stairs and the front door opens directly into the kitchen. The door is glazed but other than there there is no natural light at all - the area itself does get a lot of light but it is being wasted on the walls and not getting through and into my flat.

I am looking for a design or a proposal on how I could change the frontage of the flat - create windows, change door etc. to flood this flat with natural light. As the house is a 1900 period 4 storey in the beautiful conservation area of Harrow on the Hill in London - I am sure that any proposals would be scrutinized by planners and neighbors.

Is there anyone out there interested in helping me with this challenge? Any students, or interns or someone who wants to add this experience to their bow?

Please let me know and more details can be shared.

Regards,

Dec 3, 14 11:07 am
-------

I think this actually sounds like an interesting challenge; however, asking for free design services...

...paging Miles Jaffe in 3...2...

Dec 3, 14 11:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: