Archinect
anchor

DWG --> InDesign?

Sbeth85

Technical question- I need to create a portfolio to look for jobs. My background is in architecture technology. So far I've been doing drafting and so want to include technical drawings as well as some 3D shots of SketchUp models.

What's the best way to arrange these drawings in a portfolio?

OPTION 1: Print out individual PDFs in A4 and stick in a binder? (Do they have to be to scale?)

OPTION 2: Import all desired images into InDesign and really create a proper portfolio... to do this, do I export from AutoCad in PDF and then import PDFs into InDesign and then play around with the placement? Or do you import DWGs directly since I understand they're both vector-based?

Any tips about how to create a technical portfolio appreciated!

Dec 2, 14 10:10 am

I'm not saying what I've done is the right/best way, but when dealing with a similar issue I brought individual drawings into Illustrator and then tweaked the lineweights and colours and everything else to make sure I was happy with the product, then made jpgs that I placed in my InDesign document.  If you try to place to many vector files it makes the InDesign document unwieldy.  Plus, once a jpg is linked it can update automatically.  So when I needed to adjust something I did it in Illustrator and resaved the jpg.

Dec 4, 14 8:49 am  · 
 · 
rmsbarreto
I prefer use photoshop to do this.
Export cad to pdf and jpeg from 3d renders. Use photoshop to make a portfolio presentation and export to pdf presentation in photoshop.
I hope could help you!
Thanks
Dec 5, 14 1:38 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: