Archinect
anchor

OMA Interview Hong Kong Internship Position

ARKISUCK

Hi there,

I just had a interview with OMA Hongkong two weeks ago for a long term internship position. I am just wondering if anyone else had interview with them recently and got any feedback? The waiting is really painful :(

If you have any internal information or anything you want to discuss, you are more than welcome to share

Thank you!

Nov 3, 14 10:37 pm
ARKISUCK

Anyone? ;(

Nov 4, 14 9:41 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

Did you try contacting them to ask? If they don't respond - the answer is no.

BTW, the Chinese president recently singled out the CCTV building as an example of the kind of strange architecture China should avoid building. That can't be good for their business there! Maybe look elsewhere.

Nov 4, 14 9:58 pm  · 
 · 
ARKISUCK

@ midlander

I called. They told me the interviews are still in progress and they will tell me once they move to next stage...

Anyone else have interviewed with them recently?

Nov 11, 14 9:38 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

Then it sounds like they're waiting to sign a contract or get sign-off to move forward on a big project, and won't hire until that is confirmed. Would have been good to ask them when you can expect a response. If you have other options don't wait around for this. Good luck.

Nov 11, 14 9:55 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

This is funny. the OP is like the sheep that cant wait enough to get slaughtered (at OMA)

Nov 11, 14 10:05 pm  · 
 · 
midlander

^I'll assume the OP has done enough research to know what to expect. I've known a couple people who did internships there. Neither stayed long-term, but they got some perspective out of it. If nothing else it blows some of the stardust out of a young grad's eyes.

Plus HK is a great city. Worth finding an opportunity to live there a while if nothing else.

Nov 11, 14 10:10 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

"Worth finding an opportunity to live there a while if nothing else" And you assume you can "Live" in HK based on OMA's salary (if they even pay at all)? Feed the stars!

Nov 12, 14 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

You didn't get the job and your forum handle is lame.  It baffles me how daft people can be, come an online forum to ask about your potential job prospect?  You better hope nobody from OMA reads these forums...Rem probably read this personally and rejected you for being an idiot.   

Nov 12, 14 9:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: