Archinect
anchor

DATA (RE)COVERY

ElTomas

I accientaly deleted a folder from an external hard drive containing valuable information. I am aware tha tyou can spen upwardsw of $1000 to ge tit recovered, or that you can download software to recover it. Can anyone recomend a data recovery place that isnt very expensive, or software that will get the job done; preferably on a MAC...thanks..

Dec 8, 04 11:55 am

ElTomas:

I hope you're not running OSX, because thats going to make it a helluva lot more difficult because of the whole Unix BSD stuff actually removing information from the hard drive instead of saying that its not there like on Windows...

As far as apps, I'm not sure if they can do it, but check out DiskWarrior or TechTools, both available on the mac...

Dec 8, 04 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
Aluminate

I've had good luck with plain old "Unerase" in Norton Utilities - even with OS X. Provided you didn't do this very long ago and you haven't done a whole lot on the computer since then it's worth trying.

Dec 8, 04 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
Wilhel0mina0

Thanks for your nice post. When something important is mistakenly deleted, such data recovery information really helps a lot. In fact, about a month ago, I did get similar formatted memory card photo loss problems and found most of them were needed in next day. So, without knowing much about data recovery information, I also followed some data recovery suggestions online and took chances with some memory card format recovery software. Luckily, after trying several ones of them, I eventually had recovered many useful photos back.

So, if you also need such helps still, my experiences may also help you:

Read more photo recovery information

Or Easy steps to take deleted data from memory card

Jul 7, 15 11:35 pm  · 
 · 
jasonwilliam

You can try to download free mac data recovery software to recover deleted files and folder. Read more data recovery Information for Mac

Dec 14, 17 1:50 am  · 
 · 
Abrienne

Is the problem solved ???

Sep 21, 18 2:25 am  · 
 · 
AugustineAdams

You don't have to spend $1,000 to get your data back, which is too expensive. For $1,000 you can buy all the useful data recovery tools on the market, which is not necessary. You only need a data recovery tool, but it's hard to say which one is the best. Anyrecover and easeUS are products recommended by many people. But if you want targeted external hard drive data recovery, I would recommend anyrecover.

Mar 31, 19 11:45 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: