Archinect
anchor

New School Of Architecture Vs NJIT.....Better academics , social life and opportunities

Hi,

My name is gautham.I had applied at NJIT for my masters program in architecture.My gpa is 2.73 out of 4 , GRE 293 TOEFL 91.I have a pretty decent portfolio.What do u think are my chances .

I saw in the website that there is a 3 and a half year course for students with a non architecture related bachelores degree.But in my case I have one (completed 5 year b'arch program from Manipal Institute Of technology).So I was expecting to get a 2 year M'arch program.They said based on my portfolio and architecture background I may be able to complete it in less than 3 years.

Also If there are any students from NJIT I would like to know their experiences both academic and social.I heard Newark is a very scary and dangerous place.Since its march is it better to stay outside ?..I got admitted at New school of architecture and design at San diego ...A  private school.But my friends are asking me to wait for NJIT s decision since its a public college and an afiliated university.Is it worth the wait?...

Oct 31, 14 12:30 pm
placebeyondthesplines

2.73?!?

Why is that so low?

Oct 31, 14 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
bugsmetoo

Don't you have a plan? Where do you want to go? Older people berate young adults because of their ignorance at making important decisions--like applying to random places without a personal reason to be there. 

Oct 31, 14 4:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: