Archinect
anchor

Moving between countries

tc90

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question regarding qualifications and moving between countries. 

After my BSc honors year I entered 5th year (masters year) and left with a postgraduate diploma as I had been offered a job. This is all you need to become a licensed architect in the UK.

How would I be placed moving abroad if I didn’t have a masters degree but was fully qualified in the UK with a few years experience?

Would really appreciate any guidance on this as I have heard various conflicting views.

I am mainly looking to move to the US but I’m also curious about Europe.

Cheers!

Oct 14, 14 4:55 pm
Non Sequitur

Depends, every country has their own requirements and description of constitutes professional degrees.  You need to research each jurisdiction to see if your education qualifies.  In most states, you'll also need to complete the intern program and exams for a license.

Oct 14, 14 5:43 pm  · 
 · 

All you need? Aren't you just a Part II then? You will need to take your Part III examinations in order to be a licensed architect in the UK. But if you plan to live your life abroad, its best to do whichever exam/experience necessary to be licensed there. If you were to do your Pt III, it will eventually be transferable in other countries, but usually after some time (I think 7 years last I checked for the US). 

Oct 15, 14 8:10 pm  · 
 · 
tc90

Hi James, aye, sorry,  I meant all you need as in university qualifications, obviously I would need to sit part III.

7 years is a long time, bad days.

Oct 16, 14 6:51 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: