Archinect
anchor

Compare The Azuma House, Tadao Ando to ?

K. Architect

Dear All,

I am a student (architecture student). I am currently writing a paper about the Azuma House by Tadao Ando. For those who don't know, the Azuma Row House is one of the earliest works of self-taught architect Tadao Ando. Thanks to its modest and anachronistic design approach, he received an award from the Japan Association of Architecture in 1976.

The concrete building is divided into two equally sized volumes separated by an open-air courtyard. What makes this setup particularly unique is that in order to cross from one side to the other of the house; the person is exposed to the exterior and ultimately confronting nature.

In my paper, I will explin how Ando creates from a simple box a complex functional house, and how he forces its occupants to experience the dynamic flows of nature every single day.

I also need to compare this house to another one.

Any propositions? Preferably a house who forces its habitats to confront nature. But all logical suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you

Oct 13, 14 3:25 pm
anuarzahin

can tourist visit this house ?

Feb 14, 18 10:01 am  · 
 · 
Volunteer

Marcel Bruer Hopper House II ?

Feb 14, 18 11:04 am  · 
 · 
thisisnotmyname

The Rockefeller Guest House in NYC by Philip Johnson.  The bedroom is separated from the rest of the house by an exterior courtyard.

Feb 14, 18 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
mjjjj

Glass house by Philip Johnson. It forces occupants to face the cold winter of Connecticut indoors.

Feb 14, 18 4:16 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: