Archinect
anchor

Requesting help for selecting best university for studying M.Arch 3-3.5

frkia

Hi,

my name is Farrokh Rostami Kia, and Im Iranian. I have a master degree in construction eng. and management and bachelor degree in mine enginering. Beside my academic studies, I have been working in architecture sector since I was 19. Now Im planning to start over my master degree and become a licensed architect. Consequently Im planning to apply for M.Arch 3-3.5 program. But honestly I have no vision which university will accept my application?

In order to evaluate my situation. Im putting links to my portfolio and cv here. I would become greatly thrilled if you check my portfolio and cv and guide me with application process. By the way receiving financial aid is important for me.

portfolio:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_6QqXl689R0ZzMweWVzRU9NeEE/edit?usp=docslist_api

Cv:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_6QqXl689R0MU9PWHFqODJvZkE/edit?usp=docslist_api

thanks in advance

Oct 11, 14 3:06 pm
bugsmetoo

Here's the problem: your portfolio is mostly other people's work. Your role as designer or 3D artist gives no insight as to how you would fare as a future student with individual projects to complete from conception to some stage demonstrating general adequacy.0

If you've actually done all those projects listed on the back (and being more than just part of the team), you don't need another degree that will hinder your current career.

Oct 11, 14 9:13 pm  · 
 · 
RemIsActuallyAnAutobot

There's like zero thought process behind all of your projects. Good luck.

Oct 11, 14 10:35 pm  · 
 · 
frkia

Hi,

thanks for your comments. Sure I had a 3D artist role beside other roles whole my 7 years career. But in all 5 projects that listed in my portfolio I had an designer role beside being simple 3D artist(although i have mentioned this on every project's description, i don't know why you asking me if I designed these projects or not!). I know my approach to most of the projects differ from many architects vision, but I don't have any academic experience and all of these differences relay in my knowledge based experiences. As a result Im planning to study architecture to be able to refine my knowledge of architecture, and receive architecture license to be able to continue my career as an architect in America. 

By the way in almost every design process I've tried to have concept ( project number 1,2,3). Aren't they clear?

in addition most of universities ask for simple portfolio for M.Arch 3-3.5 track which include some hand drawings, photos and self portraits. Consequently, don't you think applicant like me who had a real architecture experience would have more chance than others?

Oct 12, 14 3:48 am  · 
 · 
bugsmetoo

What did you do? You just wrote a bunch of ego-centric things and posted renderings. No one figure out your role or input as designer or design supervisor or whatever title is there.

Oct 12, 14 4:54 am  · 
 · 
frkia

I dont know if my method in describing projects is right or wrong! Its my first experience of making portfolio and please help me to correct my mistakes. I thought that i can imply my position in each project just by putting a position identifier section under project title. So I don't  know what else i should  do in order to identify my role in each project. Im not such a kind of person who would add others works to get admission from university. What you see in my portfolio is belong to me where i was designer or leading design team. 

About each description which you named them ego-centric, I can say that i don't like defining projects just by text and i prefer renders. So adding text description isnt my style and i have extracted those templates from portfolios available on issue or related websites. Common portfolio guidance which provided by universities have 12 pages limitation. Thats why i emitted many CAD plans and add renders in order to gain evaluators attention. 

Im not an egoistic person and I'm open to any creative advises. Since Im foreigner and english isn't  my native language, its inevitable to making mistakes while trying to  introduce myself. Consequently please tell me what should i do to improve my chance of enrolling in the best possible university. 

Oct 12, 14 7:25 am  · 
 · 
BabbleBeautiful

Farrokh jan, contact me directly; I may be able to help you. Be in harfaye in bacheha gush nakon. Bazyashun kholan.

Oct 12, 14 11:18 am  · 
 · 
frkia

Afrad jan, I sent you a message please check your inbox. 

Oct 13, 14 6:13 am  · 
 · 
frkia

I havent seen that mosque. Would you please provide the link?

Oct 13, 14 10:11 am  · 
 · 
frkia

Ha ha i thought that you mean my design is simillar to a mosque which is located under st. Louis arc :)))) yes that geometry on my cover page is a mosque. Whats so strange about that?

Oct 13, 14 10:20 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: