Archinect
anchor

BIM & IDP Hours

A.I.

Where would general coordination of BIM models, procedures, and standards be listed as far as IDP hours are concerned?  I'm not talking about a full time commitment to BIM coordination, but if some hours are committed to this process, can they be listed in a category for IDP hours, and if so, which category?

Regards,

Oct 8, 14 3:26 am
midlander

If these are for a specific project, categorize them according to the design stage of the project

for example 2E design development

If it's organizing material for office standards, that seems to fit into category 4A Business Operations

Oct 8, 14 4:00 am  · 
 · 
Center for Ants

If i'm not mistaken, you were basically helping to set up the BIM software and develop standards for use with all projects in the office?

If they happen to be very pertinent to certain scopes of work under Design I'd file it the appropriate area. For example, if you were building wall types to be used for CDs that could fall under 2F Construction Documents, then I'd file it there. If it had more to do with finishes etc., I think it could also fall under 2G, Material Selection and Specification.

If it still falls in between categories, I'd file it under 4A, Business Operations as I'd see it relevant to IT in some sense.

Just use your best judgement and I think it'll be fine. I think unless you're really trying to cheat the system nothing will happen. And even if you are probably nothing will happen.

Oct 8, 14 6:13 pm  · 
 · 
A.I.

What about setting up a complex Link structure in Revit for say a tower project and determining and/or creating what families & components are included in each file and managing the overall construction of the model and coordination between the disciplines? Let's say this work occurs during the Schematic Design phase.

Dec 25, 14 3:12 am  · 
 · 

sounds like P.M. to me.

Dec 25, 14 4:02 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: