Archinect
anchor

Should I still put this as work experience?

bandpass

I have a paid job in the field of architecture that I only worked for a day or two. I have two stable jobs thereafter, one related to my field, another not directly related. Should I still put it on my resume?

Before you jump to say "YES" please read on to consider the following. This job I worked at was shortly after my graduation, and it's the first job I have. I have discussed with my peers about it and they agreed not to put it on my resume. They claimed that it's better because they think it's possible that the first employer might forget about me after working on a short gig long time ago, if the people who are going through the resume were to ask that employer. The resume person would assume that I am practicing misconduct and would shove my application in the reject pile.

Is it better to write on resume anyways, or leave it out for the sake of what I just said?

Oct 6, 14 7:38 pm
bugsmetoo

You know you don't have to put everything on a resume, right? It's fine to omit.

Oct 6, 14 8:10 pm  · 
 · 
CD.Arch
Putting that on a resume would make them think you weren't hard working, or as you said, you performed misconduct of sorts. It would raise too many unanswered questions. Leave it out. Where's Carrera when you need him? His insight on this kind of stuff is especially golden.
Oct 6, 14 8:42 pm  · 
 · 
Carrera

Here I am. Always leave “shit” off your resume. Even if you work somewhere for a number of years and it goes bogey – leave it off and put “private practice”, it’s a luxury we possess. Sounds like "shit" to me - leave it off.

Oct 6, 14 9:37 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: