Archinect
anchor

Thesis - Experience as an Exhibit

Cnan

I am in thesis year of my bachelor degree of Architecture. I am sharing some of my initial messed up thoughts that i submitted as my synopsis, the problem is i can't figure out a direction or a clear path out of it that should lead these thoughts forward as a thesis project. 

Experience as an Exhibit (Museum)

The idea is to built a direct connection of "Space and User" before an intervention of "Program" or "Event". So that he/she has a better chance to know about the space, what space wants to talk about, interact and may get into an emotional association with the space. Because when any intervention took place between user and space it redirects the user by generating a new sense of orientation dictated by the program. If a space is intelligent enough to build a strong connection with the user, that will eventually lead to offer a unique event for every individual. 

The physical intervention can be done at any green belt between a commercial - corporate and residential sector and give the person a meaningful interaction with light and texture while acting as a third space for someone between work and their residence. The building can be placed in an area where there is a daily passage of people so that sometimes they go inside the building to feel and listen to the story of the past emotions. The building can be placed at any major bus stops of the city and offer a waiting area while explaining the historical context of the area.

In what kind of an emotional state the space tries to push the user into. And then what it tries to talk about to the user is another story. Whether it tries to remind a sad story of history or give user a chance to talk - communicate - interact with nature. 

The exhibit of the space will be the experience of the space itself and there will be no other exhibits. The spaces inside will interact with the user through different sense and built a connection.The site can be segregated all over the city to grow a new layer on the present urban fabric. The layer that eventually change and enrich the way city communicates with a stranger. That results in inducing a sense of ownership of the city on an individual level. 

Any kind of help or suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks.

Oct 6, 14 3:37 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: