Archinect
anchor

How much should a recent graduate make?

How much should a recent graduate, with an M.ARCH and less than 1 year experience make?

Oct 6, 14 12:18 pm
Non Sequitur

Location matters. Have a look at the Archinect salary poll: http://salaries.archinect.com/

Oct 6, 14 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
Someone living in New York?
Oct 6, 14 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

no less than $500,000 per year, full benefits, company car, stock options, free coke and whores.  

Oct 6, 14 12:44 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

i bet this info is available using that google thing, maybe the aia has even done something on this subject?

Oct 6, 14 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
Wilma Buttfit

Depends. For a male or female?

Oct 6, 14 12:54 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

chigurh, don't sell yourself short. Demand a private jet.

Oct 6, 14 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
chigurh

helicopter to job-site visits.  

Oct 6, 14 1:39 pm  · 
 · 
toosaturated

So where is this magical place I should move to?

Oct 6, 14 4:29 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

If your firm hired you to be the Lead Designer on the project, I would say you would have to get paid much more than you probably expect. 

The reality is that when you get hired right out of school, you are getting hired to fill a gap for a particular task. If it is a short-term gap is in design and the long-term gap is in drafting, you may be paid as much as a draftsman. If the short term gap is in drafting and the long-term gap is in design, you may be getting paid as much as a designer. This varies from firm to firm, but don't expect to get paid more than what the "gap" is worth to the firm. 

Oct 7, 14 9:25 am  · 
 · 

+++ tint

Oct 7, 14 9:48 am  · 
 · 
subgenius

A. Whatever the market will bear. Or as poorly as you negotiate.

Oct 7, 14 10:04 am  · 
 · 
sensation

60-65k maybe? that's my situation

Oct 21, 14 7:14 pm  · 
 · 
s=r*(theta)

Lol!

Oct 21, 14 7:20 pm  · 
 · 
sensation

s=r*(theta), the truth hurts doesn't it? i'm actually serious.

Jonathan, salary for entry level varies. You can be one of those who are making 50k or even 30k. It all depends on the size and location of the firm.

Oct 21, 14 7:29 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

sensation - wouldn't you say you have 5 years experience? 

Oct 22, 14 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
sensation

i wouldn't say that because this is my first professional experience, but i did intern for several firms as an undergraduate . after undergraduate, i went straight to graduate school and graduated last may.

Oct 22, 14 7:41 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: