Archinect
anchor

What is happening in my Rhino Rendering? (Image Attached)

9093bsbk

Arrggg..

Having some real issues with Rhino. I'm very new to the software, but I am working on a 3D model whose shadows have an odd stippled look that I cannot get rid of.

Can anyone tell me what is happening here? (See Image)

Thanks

Oct 4, 14 7:36 pm
BulgarBlogger

first problem... you're using a mac ;)

Oct 4, 14 9:47 pm  · 
 · 

Lets quit the b.s. about operating system/computers. Lets quit the nonsense so helpful and useful responses are made. In other words, don't waste the OP's time with useless answers that doesn't address the question or help to understand the question.

Platform flame wars don't belong here.  Use the Usenet newsgroups for that.

Oct 5, 14 12:24 am  · 
 · 
LITS4FormZ
Rhino for Mac is far from polished.
Oct 5, 14 1:07 am  · 
 · 
SiameseDream

You might have multiple surfaces overlapping each other.

Oct 5, 14 2:47 am  · 
 · 
boy in a well

chill the fuck out, sad old Richard. you don't earn a badge with every post.

Oct 5, 14 4:33 am  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

did you import from 3dstudio? Some of your surfaces seem to be faceted

Oct 5, 14 10:35 am  · 
 · 
Alien 8

Looks more like an import of the High Line from Sketchup.

I'm pretty sure that's just the way that Rhino renders shadows in the viewport. When you actually render it, with Rhino or Toucan, the shadows are much more crisp.

Oct 5, 14 10:53 am  · 
 · 
Bench

I think Alien got it - this looks like a meshing problem, probably from importing an SU model. You haven't actually rendered it in that image from what I can tell, its just a preview. Try an actual render, see what it looks like, then play around with some of the options in the RhinoRender menu. There should be one that lets you turn off Isocurves/polygon mesh lines.

Oct 5, 14 11:52 am  · 
 · 
Bench

Also - go to the specific forums for tech advice, this place isn't your best bet. The McNeel forum has many more people who work with rhino professionally, and will have better/quicker answers.

Oct 5, 14 11:53 am  · 
 · 
thompson's gazelle

sometimes it happens when the objects are  too far away from the origin point of the model.

Oct 5, 14 9:03 pm  · 
 · 
9093bsbk

Wow, thanks everyone for the responses.

To clarify, yes I am on a Mac, but using the windows Rhino with parallels. I will look into everybody's advice.

Thanks

Oct 5, 14 10:27 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

Richard probably renders on a stone tablet.

Oct 6, 14 2:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: