Archinect
anchor

Help planning flat layout

Stuart27

So this is a bit cheeky but I'm just looking for some advice about how I should arrange my small 2 bedroom flat. I am currently renovating it and have to decide tomorrow between these two layouts. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated :)

Sep 30, 14 7:03 pm

A "bit" cheeky?

From these drawings nether option is any good.  But these drawings are not the entire story of a three-dimensional material physical space, so it's hard to say.

Sep 30, 14 7:46 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

it really needs a green roof.

Sep 30, 14 8:00 pm  · 
 · 

Sorry, don't have time tonight. But I could look it over on Thursday or Friday.

Sep 30, 14 8:20 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Miles, I was fully expecting your terse billing-rate response here... especially given the OP's essential admission of seeking free advice.  Have you gone soft?  (Not a bad thing, just unexpected.)

Sep 30, 14 8:39 pm  · 
 · 

Ugh I'm sorry to be so snarky but we *cannot* give you any advice - if we wanted to - with what you've presented here.  How high are the ceilings? Are they all the same height? Are there any bulkheads? What are the floor materials? Are there any floor material changes? What are the ceilings? Do any rooms have historic features, maybe pressed tin ceilings or exposed structure? What materials are the walls? Is there any exisitng plumbing that could be utilized? How old is the building? Are there units above and below? How close is the wall outside? Or is it truly a garden? Why are those bits angled?  Are there skylights? What do the windows look like and how low are the sills? Why would you not put the living room and kitchen adjacent? Do you really want to walk past both bedrooms with your food to get to the dining area to eat? Or do you intend to have an eat-in kitchen? Is the view of a washing machine down your main hallway a feature, or a detriment?  Do you have to have a wall and door to the living room, or could the entire space be lofted? Do you have cats? Children? Roommates?

No one can give you any advice that is of ANY value knowing so little about your project. It's like me calling a doctor and asking for a diagnoses of the pain in my neck.  Maybe I have a knife sticking out of it that the doctor can't know from my phone call...

Sep 30, 14 10:11 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

actually, tam6 is a prospective PhD candidate who is studying something i assume is similar to this.  these two should get together and talk shop!

do you want a bim model as part of the scope of services offered?

Sep 30, 14 10:16 pm  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Curt... thanks for making me burst out laughing on a late Tuesday night at the office. That was just golden.

Maybe we should get those C+ math students in on this too. There looks to be some odd angles in there.

Sep 30, 14 10:22 pm  · 
 · 
x-jla

Glad to see people are still using etch a sketch.  

Sep 30, 14 10:54 pm  · 
 · 

Well, citizen, apparently that went right over your head. LOL

I am currently renovating it and have to decide tomorrow between these two layouts.

Sorry, don't have time tonight. But I could look it over on Thursday or Friday.

Sep 30, 14 11:07 pm  · 
 · 
citizen

Ah... whooooosh... right over the top.  

Sep 30, 14 11:23 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: