Archinect
anchor

Writings about Landscape Representation

9093bsbk

Hello Archinect,

I am in a Bachelor of Landscape Architecture Degree and I am working on a visual representation project of James Corner's High Line. I have never visited the park before, therefore first-hand site reconnaissance is not possible for me. I was wondering if anybody in the community knows of any designer/planner/architect/anything who has published about representing a site not ever visited. 

Possibly other BLA's/MLA's here have taken landscape representation courses, but this is a part of my design studio class as an exercise in graphic representation.

I'm looking for topics such as representing the unknown, or methods of remote site reconnaissance? (How to approach site research, etc.) Something that I can use as a methodology for representing the sweet Line.

Hopefully one or some of you may know where to steer me!

Thanks

Sep 29, 14 2:29 pm
3tk

We did a lot of precedent analysis (some via extrapolation).  There's enough information on the High Line from drawings, to the deluge of photo imagery online.  You should be able to patch together what it feels like from that.  I'm assuming this is some type of diagramming exercise (sections, sun/wind, acoustics, etc)? 

As far as published work, I would concentrate on what/how you want to communicate - worry less about not ever having been there.

Sep 29, 14 4:02 pm  · 
 · 

I may be missing something, but isn't this simply a 'case study'?

Oct 1, 14 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
3tk

^--- yup.

Oct 2, 14 9:10 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: