Archinect
anchor

Transferring M.arch I

landarchscapes

Hello everyone,

I am currently studying at an ivy school M.arch I program, first semester. Now that I've taken various classes I've realized the focus of this program does not fit my interests. Unfortunately, the research I did before applying was inaccurate since the program was in transition. I am wondering if anyone has transferred programs before and has any advice they would like to share. For example, I've been wondering if I should ask my current studio portfolio for a recommendation to transfer to another school? Would that be inappropriate?  

Thanks!

Sep 27, 14 4:53 pm
“””1991”

What the hell is a studio portfolio?

Sep 27, 14 9:01 pm  · 
 · 
Bwatson

What happened to Penn's free ride, lol. I have done a transfer, but it depends where your trying to transfer to. I would contact the school your interested in and see if they accept transfers.  I would only ask the prof if you have a good relationship with him, and be honest why your leaving. Good luck, next time try to understand the school more clearly, what professors you would like to study with and if you like their work and student work.  Where are you thinking of going to , staying on the east coast?  Or trying your luck on the West Coast? 

Sep 27, 14 10:58 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: