Archinect
anchor

M.arch

mkpr

Hey guys, i'm from India, i did my B.arch this year and i'm planning to do M.arch next year.

i looked for 1 year PG course in Green Architecture in Canada, you think its a good idea?

also, there are soo many M.arch course to choose from you, which one do you think is best at the moment?

Sep 27, 14 12:38 pm
Bench

Uh, what exactly is a PG in Green Architecture in Canada?

Sep 27, 14 1:07 pm  · 
 · 

Postgraduate is probably what is meant to mean someone in grad school after graduating from an undergraduate program.

As for "Green Architecture", I suppose the terminology would also be "Sustainable Architecture" or "Sustainability" and so forth. It depends on the school's naming but look into the curriculum would be important so that the investment is worth the expense.

Sep 27, 14 6:47 pm  · 
 · 
mkpr

can you please guide me whether i should go for Sustainable Architecture, Urban Design or Interior Architecture. i'm really confused. which has more scope?

Sep 28, 14 5:48 am  · 
 · 
bugsmetoo

What do you even want to do?

Sep 28, 14 6:03 am  · 
 · 
mkpr

honestly, i have interest in Interiors but I'm confused because i think i can anyway do it without getting a Masters degree in it. its just about imagination whereas, Sustainable Architecture seems pretty interesting to me.

rest, i just wanna know which is the best M.arch degree at the moment.

Sep 28, 14 6:18 am  · 
 · 
Beepbeep

Just get a good Master of Architecture from a good reputable school, it does not need to be an IVY. Go for the best and most affordable so you do not rack up debt. While in the M.arch you will get a well rounded design education and you will figure out what interests you in architecture, and hopefully you will find some things you had no idea you had an interest in.

Sep 28, 14 11:47 am  · 
 · 
Non Sequitur

Mkpr, since you have a foreign degree, you're most likely looking at a 3year M.arch (probably with some undergrad course requirements too) in Canada if you want something accredited. There are also no specific sustainability programmes in the 10 accredited schools since graduate work varies greatly on the local faculty and the chosen thesis work.

If Canada is your goal, there are not that many schools (although most are very far apart). Look at their graduate faculty's research topics and pick accordingly and please remember, interior architecture is not a real thing, it's called interior design and you don't need a master's degree to practice it.

Sep 28, 14 1:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: