Archinect
anchor

Application Guidance

martrench

I plan on applying to Berkeley this fall to the M.ARCH option 3 program. I was wondering if anyone could offer some guidance in the process or if anyone had any suggestions? I am currently studying finance and urban planning at Florida State University. I have an average 3.4 GPA, I have not yet taken the GRE, and I am working on putting together a portfolio. I would happily email anyone the portfolio for critique and criticism. My current school does not offer architecture or art programs to non-art majors so there is not an adviser or anyone I can turn to for guidance. I am only applying to one school because it is truly the one I want to go to, and if I do not get in, I plan to take a year off, build up my portfolio and work abroad while taking extra art courses, then apply to a handful of schools next year. Also I would like to be pointed in a direction with any resources to help the application process or sample portfolios from non-arch background applicants. Also, will coming from a non-arch background hurt my chances at acceptance?

Sep 25, 14 1:49 pm
Bwatson

I would encourage a summer program, like columbia's , Ucla, or berkley's to help your chances and get recommendations. Why apply to one school only this year and then some next year , just apply to several and see where your stand

Sep 25, 14 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
bugsmetoo

Look through old threads. Question is asked every year and in between. Your last question shows how little research you've done so better find that answer yourself.

Sep 25, 14 6:57 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: