Archinect
anchor

Topic for dissertation - Need some advice

robmac93

Hi, I'm a fourth year Architectural Technology student, and I have to do a dissertation this year. I am considering choosing " How sustainability practices are adapting to achieve net zero energy buildings" as my dissertation question. I'm just wondering a few things about this:

Is it a specific enough question?

Would there be enough research material on this subject?

Do you think it would make for a "good" dissertation - i.e. is it a subject that would be worthwhile covering?

Any additional feedback you could give would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sep 25, 14 11:56 am
Carrera

Think it is a current and active question with much that you could learn and write about. You will find a lot about sustainability and a lot about Net-Zero but making the connection in a writing is the task.

Sep 25, 14 8:45 pm  · 
 · 
BulgarBlogger

I think the proper word to describe what you are trying to do is a "capstone project", not a "dissertation". Dissertations are for PhD students. If you have to ask about whether there is enough material written about a topic as a PhD student, perhaps you shouldn't be getting a PhD... 

Architectural Technology students don't do dissertations or theses. This degree by itself just exists to certify you in CAD or Revit. Frankly, I have no idea why this exists considering the fact that 2 year-olds can start learning sketchup.... 

Sep 26, 14 12:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: