Archinect
anchor

do you know this window

go do it

this one   It opens to horizontal which is a pretty cool look. It seems pretty functional for viewing and airflow. If you know this window what are the negatives?

I found it here by the way.

Sep 21, 14 1:50 am
midlander

Neat - never seen one that opens quite like that. It looks like it pivots outward as it tilts so that the window can leave a 100% clear opening.

2 possible negatives from looking (never used one like this so I don't know)

-how does someone reach out far enough to push the window open and pull it back closed? It seems very dangerous if someone would lean out this opening to reach the handle.

-since the window projects out, there is no way to provide a fixed insect screen. Roll down screens on the interior are possible. Whether this matters depends on the local environment.

Sep 21, 14 10:14 pm  · 
 · 
go do it

midlander ,

Those are some legitimate concerns. I think, hope, that it would operate by a crank and not manually as you suggest, for that would be dangerous. If it is manual I wonder if you would push up on the top of the window to retract it. The more I think about it the more curious I get. I find it hard to believe that a window manufacturer would have failed to address some of the concerns that you have brought up. Maybe others will educate us.  

Sep 21, 14 11:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: