Archinect
anchor

AA Design & Make

Keyur

Hello,

I have few questions with regards to AA Design & Make course. It would benefit me alot in selecting right course and school for my Masters in Architecture. The questions are:

1. What are the future prospects of the course? 

2. Does the course totally about Making? and how vivid the process of making is from that of general construction?

3. Does the course incorporate theory and distinct process of Design?

4. Do students have frequent visits to seminars and exhibitions happening in the London city?

I would be grateful to everyone who can guide me  with these things and also share any other experience you had with the course, Good/ Bad both encouraged.

Thank you so much.

Looking forward. 

Sep 16, 14 11:12 am

Why would we know what you are talking about regarding a course at an unnamed university?

Can you name the university and wouldn't it be better to talk to faculty of that course if not read the syllabus or course description for that course?

Sep 16, 14 11:19 am  · 
 · 
KaylaF

If you get in touch with the Architectural Association (AA) then they may be able to put you in touch with current students or alumni who would be willing to talk to you more about the course and would probably be best suited to answer your questions.

Sep 16, 14 11:35 am  · 
 · 
Keyur

@Richard Balkins, Assoc. AIA - I'm sorry, the school is  Architectural Association (AA) School of Architecture, London  and the course is MArch in Design & Make. Thank you for your response and I am trying to contact faculties, I also thought if any alumni here on Archinect could help me with it.

@ KaylaF - Thank you for your response, i will surely focus more on directly contacting the Institution.

Sep 17, 14 8:25 am  · 
 · 
archanonymous

based on the other AA events and schools, i would say it is going to be small-scale design build with an emphasis on digital fabrication, connections, and details. Could be good if you want to go into exhibition design, public art, installlation design, but i wouldnt build a career or a Thesis year around it.

Sep 17, 14 11:15 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

Dick Balkins - most of us who got real degress know what the AA is. You should try getting your head out your own ass and broadening your provencial attitudes a bit.

Sep 17, 14 11:16 pm  · 
 · 

archanonymous,

There is alot of schools which AA means. With over 10,000 colleges and universities with architecture, design, etc. programs in this world.... there just might be a few dozen colleges around the world of over 200 countries on what is it.... 7 continents which "AA" could be referring to.

What's funny, the OP had already clarified it. It was already clarified before the OP's own clarification so your own comment is totally irrelevant if not a total waste of digital storage because you hide in your anonymous profile thinking you are safe that you have all this bravado that you don't have the crown jewels to speak this way in full identity disclosure.

Sep 18, 14 2:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: