Archinect
anchor

Thesis - Teaching Architecture

I'm currently putting together my initial thoughts for grad school thesis. I am leaning towards writing about how architecture is taught, how schools of architecture should function etc. and transitioning this topic into designing a new school of architecture located at my school. It's not very clear yet, obviously. 

My question, does anyone know of any good resources out there? I've been looking for a couple days now for papers written on the topic and haven't found much. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sep 14, 14 2:32 pm

I read an article by Schön recently about the architecture studio, and this article looks promising.  I'd suggest reading it, and working your way backwards through the citations.

http://journals.heacademy.ac.uk/doi/pdf/10.11120/jebe.2008.03020063

Sep 15, 14 11:47 am  · 
 · 
3tk

There should be plenty on it through case studies: Cornell, UVA, and Yale all recently have done additions that to some extent address this.  I can speak to UVA's arrangement of faculty offices and how it fosters a more interdisciplinary discourse in the school - quite remarkable how relatively small spatial rearrangements can reinforce a school's pedagogy.

Sep 15, 14 1:20 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: