Archinect
anchor

THESIS

Ashar awan

I am really stuck in how to select a topic for my thesis.

i tried 1 topic but but synopsis was not impressive for teachers , it was a redesigning project of a 50 year old bazar{market} which was originally a market area. i was re-designing it because of problems with with bazar but my topic is almost rejected and now i dont know what to do and what topic to select. plz guyz help me with this

Sep 14, 14 4:05 pm
chigurh

a project is not a thesis.  

Redesigning a bazar is a project, there is no larger guiding principle besides just the standard problems and solutions that come across in any project/program, given they are specific problems to the program of the bazar/marketplace.  The functional problems you mention are not the same grade of problems/questions that generate a true thesis investigation.  

What are you interested in i.e. topics/ideas/concepts parallel or outside of architecture?  How can you frame a question that would allow you to explore one of those ideas in an architectural way.  Don't start with a program...think ideas first.  

Sep 14, 14 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
Hello Ashar, I recently completed my thesis and graduated in May. So, I understand your frustrations.

First, and I don't mean to be rude, but you need to understand what a thesis is. Or, how does your school/department define a thesis. What is their criteria for an appropriate thesis topic.

I understand a thesis as being ( and this is my own opinion. you will most likely encounter other interpretations) a project that asks a theoretical question or series of questions about how we understand architecture.

For me, a thesis is an exploration, an investigation, a study, and a position related to something spatial.
Sep 14, 14 5:45 pm  · 
 · 
aacer

Hi all, I am working on my master of architecture thesis, but i need some topics to search about, ...... i am searching for Landscape/ urban design issues... do you have any suggestions ?

May 4, 16 11:57 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: