Archinect
anchor

M arch programs without Calculus pre requisite

Mliberart

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for Architecture programs offering a Masters that do no require applicants to have a college level Calculus class on their transcript. I went for a BFA and our math offerings were all theory and I would rather not take college level pre calc, then college level calc before even applying to programs. 

Any information would be helpful.

Sep 9, 14 9:25 pm
bugsmetoo

It's not that big of a deal to take math courses at a local community college or somewhere. You'll be better off with this knowledge. A few months of studying a practical subject opens up many more doors.

From what I glanced at quickly: for West coast schools: UO, UW and ASU doesn't have any, UCLA requires trig and physics.

Sep 9, 14 9:54 pm  · 
 · 
shellarchitect

I'm surprised any require calc

Sep 10, 14 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
flatroof

Some others off the top of my head: Pratt, Cincy, Cornell, Syracuse.

Sep 10, 14 5:42 pm  · 
 · 
med.

Just take the stupid calc class, get a C or above and get on with it.  I did exactly this and got into some good schools.  It sucks when you take these classes, then when you are done, you are done forever.

Sep 12, 14 12:07 pm  · 
 · 
archanonymous

My alma-mater did not require it and is "ivy league" however, you should take it because it is pretty much awesome and quite useful. and take physics while you are at it.

Sep 13, 14 9:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: