Archinect
anchor

Graduate Schools offering good funding?? any suggestions??

Hi, Im an international student. I have a degree in BSc. in Architectural Studies from U.S. and Im planning to become a licensed architect some day. My GPA current is between 2.5-3.0 (So Im planning to give GRE is two weeks). I have worked as an Intern Architect for almost a year and I hear from my friends that my portfolio is pretty good. 

Funding for grad school is really important for me and I can't find any good source to find the list of Architecture Grad schools that offer good amount of funding/assistantship. Can anybody help me with this or direct me to a source??

P.S. I also do care about the quality of education. But the funding is at the top of my list and the ranking at second.

Thanks.

Sep 5, 14 12:40 pm
SeriousQuestion

Rice or Princeton.

Sep 5, 14 1:09 pm  · 
 · 
Rajan

Thank you SeriousQuestion for your suggestion but I think any Ivy League is out of my league... and Rice simply requires my GPA to be above 3.0 (while mine is 2.8). 

Im stilling working on my portfolio but this is what I have right now...
http://www.coroflot.com/rajan

Im thinking of using some other websites (like ISSUU) to upload my work.

I will appriciate any comments or suggestions.

Thanks.

Sep 6, 14 12:15 am  · 
 · 
ARCHCareersGuide.com

For simply a list of architecture programs, access the following:

http://www.naab.org

http://www.archschools.org

Your best source of potential funding sources will be that actual architecture program; most will offer fellowships, scholarships and teaching assistantships, but they are competitive.  Determine the programs to which you plan to apply and contact each directly to learn their application process and criteria.

Best!

Sep 6, 14 7:05 am  · 
 · 
Rajan

Thank you Dr. Architecture for your advice. I had already gone through the NAAB accredited list and sorted out few universities. Im in the process of contacting those schools for funding/assistanships. Thanks for your help.

Cheers!

Sep 6, 14 10:26 pm  · 
 · 
placebeyondthesplines

If your GPA is 2.8 (why is that exactly?) you're going to be lucky to find a school to even accept you. You've given no one any reason to invest financial aid money in your academic success.

Sep 11, 14 2:17 pm  · 
 · 
natematt
I hate to be a downer but the above comment is correct. You can find a school, but appart from small need based grants you will be hard pressed to get funding unless your work is not reflected in your gpa

I would work for a few years first.
Sep 11, 14 2:35 pm  · 
 · 
natematt
I hate to be a downer but the above comment is correct. You can find a school, but appart from small need based grants you will be hard pressed to get funding unless your work is not reflected in your gpa

I would work for a few years first.
Sep 11, 14 2:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: