Archinect
anchor

Funding a GSD Degree + Recommendation Letters

9093bsbk

Hello again archinect community,

Back with a few other questions about the Harvard Graduate School of Design. I am a Canadian, and this is the only American School that I am applying to, hence why this is the only school that I mention. I will be applying for the MLA II Program.

My first question is:

1) How did, or do you, fund your studies at the GSD? I am a student from a middle class family and I take student loans to fund my undergraduate studies. The tuition is wildly more expensive at the GSD than any Canadian university, and I was wondering if there were loans offered by the University that would cover the costs of my tuition. Maybe there are other Canadians at the GSD in a similar situation? If not, any tidbit of knowledge would be of absolute use.

2) My next question pertains to reference letters. I have five letters of recommendation lined up:

1 + 2) Pricincipal LA's of a landscape architecture firm I interned at

3) Professor + Harvard GSD Grad

4) Professor (Previously Cornell), current author in the industry

5) Bachelor of Landscape Architecture Program Coordinator

I have spoken to other contacts with similar credientials who would recommend me as well, although I know the maximum is 5.

What types of professionals/educators did other successful GSD applicants here on archinect obtain as references?

By the way, I really appreciate everyone's helpful answers on this forum. What a great community.

Hope to talk soon.

Sep 4, 14 7:18 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: