Archinect
anchor

Harvard GSD GPA. Cumulative?

9093bsbk

Hello archinect community,

I have a question about the Harvard GSD GPA requirements. I am Canadian, and I hear that some schools only pay attention to the final two years of grades of an undergraduate degree (meaning GPA is calculated based on 2 years instead of 4), and that others calculate a cumulative GPA of all years in the institution and use that as a basis for admission.

I know that the GSD may not place the highest importance on GPA, but I was wondering if anybody knew how they look at grades upon recieving transcripts. My first two years of my undergrad were a big learning curve- I retained a ton of information, but made lots of mistakes in the process, and my grades weren't as high. In my 3rd year to this point however, my GPA is a 3.7. My cumulative is a 3.35.

Thanks

Sep 4, 14 10:46 am
SeriousQuestion

They look at cumulative.  Don't freak out about GPA.

Sep 4, 14 11:09 am  · 
 · 
9093bsbk

Thanks for the answer SeriousQuestion. Ha- I will try not to. Now for that portfolio...

Sep 4, 14 11:15 am  · 
 · 
insomniarch

Yah your gpa will be fine. It all comes down to Portfolio and letters of recommendation. 

Sep 4, 14 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
9093bsbk

Thanks insomniarch.

Sep 4, 14 6:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: